Sunday, August 16, 2009

The start of something big!

Ok guys, so I have decided to find out what blogging is all about. I would like to first thank you for stopping by my blogspot to find out more about me and what I do. So let's begin...

My name is Lexi, and I am a 27 year old wife and mother. I work full time, but I have decided to do something a little different with my life. I have "dabbled" in a few different creative ventures, but never completed anything. I decided to take my creativity a step further and actually make money doing the things that I love to do. Like most people, I realize that the economy is down and that most jobs are in jeopardy of being lost, for whatever reason. With that, I was given the inspiration to combine all of my hobbies into one money making hub - Raphyne'.

Raphyne' (pronounced rah-fee-nay) was the name that I was inspired to give to my group of hobbies. The name was inspired by the french word raffine, which means refined or sophisticated. In everything that I do, I strive to achieve a refined end. I love for things to be in order, and look a certain way. I feel that if a person is paying for a high class job, the job should look just that - high class. And even if a person decides to pay a little less than top dollar, their project should still be upper echelon. So, everything that falls under the name Raphyne' will have a certain look that stands out from the rest.

Raphyne' offers wedding stationary (save the dates, invitations, programs, favors, personalized aisle runners and banners - and anything else I can think of), soy candles (and soon, reed diffusers), and jewelry. My bff likes to tease that I am "jamaican". I just say that I am creatively innovative. As of now, I am a team of me, with the occasional assistance from my hubby, who will be referred to as JB. Once I figure this all out, I will post pics and will go into further depths about how we are progressing in our quest to be hobby moguls. Until then, I will leave you with this thought. It is never too late to follow your dreams. Sometimes, we may have to go a different way to get to a desired end. This detour, however, could be the catalyst to a "point of no return". Do what you have to do, with no apologies, and the possibilities are endless!

No comments:

Post a Comment